Keep Our Sea Plastic-Bag Free!
- Approx. 380 billion plastic bags are used in the United States every year. That’s more than 1,200 bags per US resident, per year.
- Worldwide, as many as 1 trillion plastic bags are used each year. This equates to 100 million barrels of oil!
- The United Nations Environment Programme estimates that there are 46,000 pieces of plastic litter floating in every square mile of ocean. This means there is more plastic in the sea than plankton.
- Plastic bags are often mistakenly ingested by animals such as whales and turtles, clogging their intestines which results in death by starvation or suffocation. Other animals such as birds become entangled in plastic bags and either drown or are no longer able to fly.
- These plastic toxins end up in fish, which end up on our plates, which end up inside our bodies.
- Approximately 14 million trees are cut down every year for paper bag production. Paper production requires hundreds of thousands of gallons of water as well as toxic chemicals like sulfurous acid, which can lead to acid rain and water pollution. So what we’re saying is: CANVAS BAGS RULE!
- Less than 3% of plastics are recycled worldwide!
- It takes 1,000 years for plastic to disintegrate. This means that every piece of plastic ever made still exists on earth today.
Say no to disposable plastic, and try to use your own reusable canvas tote bags for shopping. You could be saving the life of one of the beautiful animal species above.
there are over 100 industrial chemicals in my blood
thanks, industrialisation, so glad you’re here to give me cancer
i found literally all the answers to my review on one page online i think my prof is lazy as fuck cuz its ALL HERE, ALL OF IT